The Honourable Mr. Lim Guan Eng, the Minister of Finance tabling the Budget 2019 at the
House of Representatives, Parliament of Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, 2 November – The Honourable Mr. Lim Guan Eng, the Minister of Finance has tabled the Budget 2019 before His Excellency Dato’ Mohamad Ariff bin Md Yusof, Speaker of the House of Representatives at the House of Representatives, Parliament of Malaysia.
The theme for the Budget 2019 is "A Resurgent, A Dynamic Economy, A Prosperous Society" which provides three focus areas with 12 key strategies in restoring Malaysia's economic position as an Asian Tiger.
The three focuses highlighted through the Budget 2019 Tabling Session are:
1. To implement institutional reforms
2. To ensure the wellbeing of the people
3. To foster an entrepreneurial economy
The Honourable Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, the Prime Minister handing over the Budget Book 2019 to The Honourable Mr. Lim Guan Eng, Minister of Finance at the Lobby of House of Representative
In the meantime, 12 key strategies highlighted through the Budget 2019 Tabling Session are:
1. Strengthen fiscal administration
2. Restructuring and rationalising government debt
3. Raising government revenue
4. Ensuring welfare and quality of life
5. Improving employment and employability
6. Enhancing health and social welfare protection
7. Raising real disposable income
8. Education for a better future
9. Unleashing the power of the new economy
10. Seizing opportunities in the face of global challenges
11. Redefining the role of government in business
12. Ensuring equitable and sustainable economic growth
Budget 2019 will allocate a sum of RM314.5 billion in expenditure compared to an estimate of RM290.4 billion allocation in 2018. Out of that amount, RM259.8 billion is for operating expenditure and another RM54.7 billion is for development expenditure. This allocation does not include a Contingency Reserve of RM2 billion.
Kemaskini Terakhir pada: 23 November 2018 | Hits: 1201