ORGANISATION CHART OF THE DIVISION
FUNCTION OF THE DIVISION
- To provide advise regarding security protection to all units under Parliament.
- To coordinate and ensure security control and to monitor physical and document security system in Parliament building runs accordingly with cooperation by PDRM.
- To conduct inspection and spot checks and to provide recommendations to overcome the weaknesses of physical, document and personal security.
- To manage and process application/security pass issuance (permanent, temporary, visitor, etc).
- To enforce regulation and physical, document and personal security measures outlined in the safety instructions.
- To serve as security secretariat for conferences hosted by Parliament.
- To enforce all regulations and physical security in line with the requirements by the Protected Areas and Protected Places Act 1959 and directives issued by the Parliament.
- To ensure all access to the Parliament are done according to the rules stipulated.
- To review the existing regulations in Parliament. To structure and implement new regulation if needed with Parliament's approval.
- To perform security measures when the House is in session according to the Security Instructions and related laws to avoid disturbance to the Members of Parliament and the Parliament.
- To manage and monitor electronic security system so that it complies with the standard and assure the security of Parliament.
- To manage and to be the secretariat for security screening to all officers/staff and visitors/contractors who are dealing with Parliament, and liaising with KPKKM Office that serves as the main authority.